Sunday 29 November 2009

A weekend in the North with little sis

Yipee it's Friday and I'm not at work, in the words of that song - what a feeling! On my way up north to see my beautiful little sister. I do love a bit of northerness after being in the big bad city for so long. Even though I'm really a Midlander I'd always say I'm more Northern than Southern although I know my cousins would have something to say about that! My dad is a Scouser though so I reckon I can claim it. A bit more friendly up there aren't they, although it does make me laugh when I'm accused of being posh as I don't really have much of an accent. It is there though I assure you, just ask me to say bus or mum and you can hear it loud and clear. And then of course down here everyone thinks I'm a bit northern,brilliant. Can't I just be me? I don't class people on where they're from. Apart from my Scandinavian mum whom I refer to ad Scandi and my kiwi friend whom I refer to as kiwi Alice. Oh wait, it looks like I do refer to peoples origins for classification, doh. Anyway up to the north I go, overpriced Christmas markets here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment