Wednesday 23 June 2010

So what's the correct response to 'i'm just looking at your belly'




Surely every girls worst nightmare, you've seen your 'live in' casting slightly too long a glance at your stomach area in the past week or so, when confronted with the question 'what are you looking at?' (in a non agressive tone I might add) the last thing you want to hear is 'your belly'. Shocked, I push it further 'what do you mean my belly?!' why did I do this to myself? I get a response along the lines of it's fine, I like it and I've put on weight too look. This is coming from Mr Terminator who has not an ounce of fat on him! Typical girl response, I can't help it it's in my genes, I want to cry, curl up in a ball and never leave the comfort of my own bed ever again. Instead I somehow manage to hold back the tears (well done me) run to the bedroom and put on a top to cover what I now imagine to be my humongous grotesquley obese stomach. Feeling pretty shit about myself I now have to sit through a day of being an internal emmotional wreck and trying not to think about food which, let's  face it, when you have a desk job, is the only thing getting me through to 5:30! Pretty sure my time would be better spent on important issues such as how to solve the BP oil spill, providing aid to children in Africa and how bankers should be penalised but oh well, that's just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment