Tuesday 8 June 2010

Souk Medina, Covent Garden

So at the wknd I found a nice little place in Covent garden for dinner. This, for anyone who lives in London will know, is quite a feat as usually all eateries in this area are subject to being waaay overpriced, full of tourists and generally just not a nice experience. I have to say I’m a bit of a one trick pony and once I’ve found something I like, I generally stick to it, I’m just a bit boring like that! And for that reason pretty much every time I go to Covent Garden I go to Wahacca, which btw is amazing. It’s cheap, tasy and most importantly does amazing tequila and my absolute favourite – salty beer. I think it’s official Mexican name is a chellada, fresh lime juice with official Mexican beer with salt around the rim, delicious – truly. But alas I think I have finally found an alternative, is this what happens when you try new things?! Souk Medina. It‘s hidden on Short Street (I think) just by the Chicago theatre. You’re greeted to very authentic Moroccan/African décor and the enticing smell of burning incense, friendly staff and if you’re lucky, a belly dancer. The food is decently priced, I went for the Chicken, chickpea and harissa tagine, £12, tasty, decent size, brilliant. Everyone else was suitably happy with the food, particularly the veggies among us (those crazy fools, how could you refuse the sumptuous offering of bacon in life?!) so all in all good experience. I now have 2 Covent Garden eateries in my repertoire, marvellous.

No comments:

Post a Comment