Thursday 15 April 2010

Hmmmm politics (and a game of would you rather)


So, politics ey. Can't really miss it at the moment can you. In all honesty I can't say I've been all that interested in elections before. I have voted but its probably based more on a whim or who I voted for last time as opposed to their latest manifesto. Whoops. Oh well at least I voted.

So this time round I'm doing my best to try and get more into it. Starting point, an article in Grazia followed by an article in Stylist. After Reading these I realised I needed something of a little more substance so I headed for the Sun. Not really. Being a bit of a loser and taking enjoyment from looking at websites (currently holding my hand in the L sign on my forehead, probably the wrong way round too) I headed to old Gordons website. Oh dear, what a pile of s***. Really, I know they're trying to cater for all so as to offend none but this is ridiculous! It's so bland I almost mistook it for, em, something bland, a bland thing. Conservatives the same, don't think I bothered with Nicks. Or if I did his was too boring to remember. Next I heard about the Labour video on You Tube. Only 2000 odd views so I didn't think it could be too good, I was right. It seems to have been made following the lines of BBC radio 1's news, basically it's for dummies. Looks like it's for kids although sadly this is probably what it takes to get a large majority of the population to listen, unfortunately these people are most likely not to bother watching. Bad plan Labour. Not too taken with Conservatives plan to reward married coulpes with tax breaks, bit old fashioned.

Then yesterday the old style of politics that we've all been waiting for reared it's head, Mandleson calling Cameron 'toffee nosed' oh dear. If you haven't cottoned on to the fact that most people in this country think that all politicians are 'toffee nosed' then your party is in trouble. In all honesty I feel more confused than ever on who to vote for but I've started to I guess I'll have to finish. Maybe the Sun I'd not such a bad idea?! Anyone got a copy?

Ok, so would you rather....(couldn't resist the gesticulation shots)

No comments:

Post a Comment