Tuesday 27 April 2010

Roman Polanski's The Ghost



To be honest I hadn't heard of this film until some friends said they'd been to see it and that is was well worth a go. F always wants to read reviews about things, I'm more about just finding out for myself but went with the idea of researching to keep the peace.
Apparently Rotten Tomatoes is a good review site if you are also a bit research intensive (get a life ;) but after trying this, BBC & the Guardian could I find a review, nuh uh. This was when F decided to tell me the Director is actually wanted by the US Government over a child sex charge! So no one wants to write about him, makes sense I guess. He's been wanted for 5 years but ran off to Switzerland to escape arrest and now Monsieur Sarcozy has asked big balls Barak to let him off. I like Sarkozy's ban the burka thing but I'm not sure I get this one. Anyhow decided to do a bit of Wikipedia research, the Wiki never lies (!) turns out he admitted to having sex with a 13 year old, unfortunately I couldn't establish whether he knew she was 13 or if like many a girl in my high school she actually appeared to be 18 or older. Decided that if Pierce and Ewan were willing to give the old chap a go then so would I. After all it's not like I don't listen to Jacko after his wierd thing with what's his name. Bit wierd isn't it with things like that. Anyway, marvellous film, intelligent, real, well shot, amazing characters and a giant step away from phoney American flashy blockbuster. I loved it and would recommend to anyone who loves a good thriller with brains. I'm not sure why but I love the wife character, she was perfect. Intelligent, strong, beautiful in a slightly unasuming way. Crafty yet vunerable in a suffering wife sort of way. For some reason I was really glad she stayed true to herself in terms of dress and behaviour when Brosnan was obvioulsy using Kim Cattrall for more than her PR skills, who wouldn't ; ) She was proud to walk around in a brown dressing gown ( yak! ) and jogging bottoms. Hmm maybe I'm realising why he was cheating. Note to self, throw away baggy, stained light grey jogging bottoms.

See the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4a1VPwLFjY
(Youtube wouldn't let me embed for some reason, boo hiss!)

No comments:

Post a Comment