Tuesday 12 January 2010

The best cocktail ever


I am definitely a lover of cocktails. I love the taste, I love the associations that go with it; classic glamour, luscious surroundings, devil may care attitude, a little bit sexy and best of all- expense! I hate fake cocktails, cocktails you get on crappy holidays, in pub type watering holes and it's even worse when you think the bar you're in is decent and then bam! Out comes the rubbish cocktail. Any pre mixed ingredients going in to your glass should indicate for you immediately call halt! To the bar tender and run, run for your life I tell you! Preferably in the direction of a cocktail bar worth it's salt, be@one is always a good shout. However the best cocktail I have ever consumed to date, I am however always open to offers, was a poorly named 'oh my dog' is Paris very own Buddah bar. You just need to see the ingredients to know it's something a little bit special; Bulldog gin infused with white pepper, grenadine, rose cordial, lime, bitter truth lemonade.


See! The taste was everything I could wish for in a drink, light and crisp, fruity, unusual flavours, with a slight kick of pepper to top it all off. Mmmm, why am I having an alcohol free January again?!

No comments:

Post a Comment