Thursday 21 January 2010

Culture and making real life art at Tate Modern's Pop Life




Decided to get a bit of culture in at the wknd. This is what you do when you don't drink! So anyway finally made it to Tate Moderns Pop Life. To be honest it was a little disappointing, as always there were hoards of stupid people who seem to think it's ok to stand right in front of the piece, when everyone else has respectfully stood a few feet back. More annoyingly I'd seen the majority of the pieces for free in various galleries around the world. They'd even put old Andy’s self portrait in there which is usually, or used to be anyway, displayed for free upstairs! This time however, I paid £12.50 for the privilege, bargain. I was however inspired by the two real life twins (part of a Hirst piece I think), to make my own art with my good friend Alice in the Keith Haring room, check it out......

No comments:

Post a Comment